Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Second Trimester Wrap-Up

Hello! It has been awhile since my last post but with school and work starting back up I have been a little busy/emotional and have not had the time to sit down and write.  But...here I am now!  So, I cannot believe that I have started my LAST trimester!  I would like to say that the time has gone by fast, but that would be entirely untrue.  Haha...it has gone by SO SLOW!  I think its because I am so excited to meet Baby Hoov that each day I am constantly thinking about what is he doing? is he moving? is he getting bigger? am i gaining too much weight?  So many questions that my time literally crawls by....lol.  But with all that to say I am finally enjoying being pregnant!  My belly is getting bigger, my sickness is completely gone, and I can feel him move a lot more now which is so much fun.  I actually FEEL and LOOK pregnant and I love it!  I have always though pregnant women were beautiful and I am attracted to their bellies...haha.  Yup!  I am one of those girls who would just start touching baby bellies because I thought they were so cute and intruiging!  And now, I am one of them.  Kinda sureal, but now I can touch my belly all I want!  It's fun :) Below is a picture of me at the end of my second trimester!  28 weeks...


   Now, for the highlights of the second trimester!
1. Feeling my baby kick for the first time!  I was 18 weeks and camping with my family near Sequoia.  Greg and I got into our tent and layed down on our airmatress.  After about 5 minutes I felt something on my stomach.  I thought Greg had tapped my stomach ever so slightly and I looked up.  But Greg was just laying there probably already half asleep.  I asked him if he touched my stomach and he said no.  I then decided that it must have been the baby kick!  I was so excited that I layed back down and waited for another one.  And sure enough, a few minutes later...tap!  The littlest foot kicked me in my tummy.  The feeling was so slight but yet so comforting because it was reassurance that there indeed was a baby growing inside of me and he was doing good :)  I will never forget his first little movement!
2. Getting over the nausia!  So I was throwing up until about 20 weeks which is awful!!  I cannot tell you how much that sucked!  I am very much affected by how I feel and so with not being able to control my nausia those first 5 months were not fun.  But...I know that the end result will all be worth it!  I have my appetite back and most of my energy back!  So wonderful!
3. Finding out we were having a baby boy :)  You know the story...we, or should I say, I, was nervous at first but now I cannot wait until I get to hold him in my arms.  I know that God has given me this boy for such a time as this! 
4. Watching my belly grow.  Like I said I LOVE pregnant bellies and from the beginning I have wanted mine to get big!  (I think I have been eating more too so that it will get bigger faster and I will look pregnant faster.  However, I have learned the hard way that this is not how it works...haha.  My butt, arms, legs, and face have all gotten bigger and my tummy has been right on track taking its sweet time!  lol.  Note to self for next time around!)  Anyhow, my belly is nice and round like a basketball carry my precious child in it and I love it!
5. Getting hit on at the Walmart...HAHA.  So...I was walking up to Walmart after work when this truck was driving by.  The dude in the passenger seat who was all tatted up, hat on backwards, and lookin awfully Walmarty (if you know what I mean) was practically breaking his neck following me as I was walking up to the front.  He finally shouts out, "Hey, hey, hey!"  I was so dumbfounded that a dude would yell that out at a pregnant woman that I started to laugh and yelled back, "I'm pregnant!"  He then proceeds to tell me, "I can see why!"  Haha, I couldnt stop laughing.  Only at a Walmart would a pregnant lady get hit on.  I would have been more flattered except, well, it was at a Walmart, and the dude was dirty. lol.  But, still a funny story that made one of my highlights for the second trimester!

Here are some of my lowlights for the second trimester...
1. Starting back work.  It was so nice to have the summer off and to get to spend each day resting and dreaming about my baby boy that it was almost fantasy land.  As soon as work started, BAM! back to reality.  I am actually having a harder time than I thought being motivated to go to work.  Something that I would definately appreciate your prayers on!  I love my students (well, most of them), and I have a great staff, however, my attitude hasnt been the best and it has been hard getting up in the morning to go to work.  It just seems so meaningless compared to what God is creating inside of me.  However, I need to remember that in everything I do I need to do it for the Lord.  My baby will be fine and I will get to spend lots of time with him soon enough.  When I pray and ask for God's strength to go each day, He gets me through it.  Praise God!
2. The Hormones!  Oh my goodness, one minute I am laughing, the next minute I am crying!  I am like a three-ringed circus over here!  I get on my own nerves!  It is the weirdest thing suddenly being overcome with emotions that seem uncontrollable.  Just the smallest thing can make me sad!  For example, low tire pressure combined with low gas turned me into a freakin crazy person!  You seriously would have thought the world was going to end!  Thank goodness for my super wonderful and gracious husband for hugging me and talking me off the ledge.  I am already a sensitive and emotional person so adding some additonal hormones in the mix is just wack!  But, Lord willing this too shall pass :)
3. Increasing Restless Leg Syndrome.  Oh man is this ever a lowlight!  Before I was pregnant I used to get what I call the "jimmy legs" every once in awhile.  But now, it is every single day and night at least 4 times a day.  I seriously cant get away from that creepy crawly feeling and it drives me insane.  I will lay in bed for at least an hour each night just moving my legs.  I swear if I didnt need them I would chop them off.  Seriously.
4. The increased weight gain.  Soooo.....I was hoping that I would be one of those girls who just gained the weight in their tummies and would look all cute and pregnant.  But, again this is not the case for me.  I am currently 28 weeks and up 40 pounds.  My entire body has blown up and I honestly dont know why!  I have been trying to watch what I eat for awhile now because the doctor wanted to make sure that I do not get too big, but I just keep getting bigger!  I look like a cow in pictures!  haha...that has been hard to cope with but I just have to remind myself that everyone's body is different and each pregnancy is different.  Once I get over the fear of being "fat" then I am ok :)
5. Not having my family here to encourage me, rub my belly, and take me to dinner when I get sad.  I have really been missing my family recently and maybe this is because of my crazy hormones and work being difficult but I just wish they were here to watch me grow :)  I cant wait for them to meet their grandson and I just want them to be apart of his life so bad.  I need to start praying that they will come out and visit more often!  I need me some grandparents!

Well there you have it!  The good, the bad, and the ugly!  But, mostly good :)  I still feel so blessed to have a healthly baby thus far.  God is great and I feel so honored to be a woman :)  Baby Hoov makes me smile each day and I am so thankful for that.  Here is a picture that made me smile the last time we saw him:

So adorable, Baby Hoov was sucking his thumb!  I love it!  He is just precious :)
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and go on this journey with me!  Only one more trimester left until Baby Hoov makes his arrival!  Let the countdown begin!

2 comments:

  1. You look stunning! I completely understand how hard it is not having family close by. We went through that when we lived in Bako and were pregnant with our second. You are loved and I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and thank you for your honesty!! I can't even imagine all the things I am going to feel when prego, so I'm glad you are giving me a "sneak peak" into what this time will look like for me when the time comes. You are beautiful, seriously, and Baby Hoov is so blessed to already have you as a mom.

    Can't wait to meet this kid =) Love to you!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete