Thursday, August 25, 2011

Halfway There!

Well, I am officially halfway through my pregnancy!  Thank goodness!  Up until now the pregnancy has gone by SOOOOO slow!  I think that’s because I am counting every single day and every single hour that passes by waiting for this little guy to get here!  I am just so excited for all the firsts that have occurred and will keep on occurring that I am thinking about it way too much!  Thus, the time goes by very slow.  However, since I have started school back again I think the time will go by faster and as I start to “show” more I will find more enjoyment in being pregnant.  So, here are the highlights and lowlights of the first half of my pregnancy!

Highlights
1.     Seeing the two little lines on the pregnancy test and seeing Greg’s face when I told him.  Priceless.
2.     Being able to tell me parents they are going to be grandparents for the first time!
3.     Seeing my baby for the first time at 12 weeks.
4.     Finding out we were having a boy!
5.     The first time I felt him move.
6.     The little kicks that get stronger and stronger as each week passes.
7.     Registering for all the fun baby stuff!
8.     Getting my stroller and car seat from Momma Verhoeven in the mail.  I had so much fun putting it together, figuring it out, and pretending to push my baby around the house!  It got me excited to be a mom J
9.     Finding out that our little boy is a “textbook” baby…healthy!
10.  People telling me that I have a glow and touching my little baby bump.  So fun that I am getting to experience the miracle of life growing inside me!

Lowlights
1.     Being sick for a LONG time…last time I upchucked was week 20 L
2.     Heartburn/Acid Reflux
3.     The feeling of being tired ALL the time.
4.     NONE of my clothes fitting anymore because every part of my body has become larger.  It makes it hard to want to get dressed in the morning.
5.     The mood swings…sorry Greg.
6.     Not knowing what I want to eat and nothing sounding good.
7.     Not being able to sleep on my stomach, so sad!
8.     Having to get up in the middle of every night to pee.
9.     Having to ask people for help all time with lifting, I don’t like to do it!
10.  My body just doing wierd things!  I dont think Ill ever get used to that!

Here are some pictures from my 21 week ultrasound.  Praise God everything looks normal and we are going to have a healthy baby boy!
I love this picture because he looks exactly like he did in his 12 week picture only bigger!

Here he is getting a good stretch in!

A picture of the little foot that has started to kick me :)
God is so good and I praise Him for what He is creating inside of me!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Janelle I LOVE this!! He is already such a handsome little guy. And so happy to hear he is a healthy boy!! I love the updates & that you are finding joy in every little moment. I know it feels like it is going slow now (I remember so well counting the days!) But you will look back on this time and it will have flashed by. SO MANY unexplainable joyful moments coming yours & Greg's way. And SO SOON! Just enjoy the quiet nights you and Greg have at home now to focus on each other...because it's hard to give each other much attention once you have that crazy cute little face to stare at all day!! You guys are going to be amazing parents!! Praying for a continued happy & healthy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feet pics, they are so fun. I loved your lists, I have been there for sure!

    ReplyDelete