Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Full Term - 37 Weeks!

Well, it has been 2 months since I have posted anything and this blog is WAY over due, but with working, showers, and trying to get everything ready for Baby Hoov to arrive it has been busy!  I guess this is a little taste of what it will be like to be a working mommy! :-/  Lord help me!

So, I am offically full term!!  Baby Hoov could come anytime from here on out and be fine-Lord willing!  When I look back over the last 9 months they seem to have gone by so slow and taken FOREVER!  I remember wishing so many times that I was to this point in my pregnancy.  But, now that it is here I am starting to get sad that it is all going to be over in just a few short weeks.  That could just be the hormones talking but I have come to realize that I dont want to wish away having Baby Hoov in my tummy because he will never be in there again!  Once he is out, he is out for good!  I want to spend these last few weeks enjoying the movement I feel and dreaming about what he is going to look like :-)

Over the last couple of months I have had the privilege of having 3 showers to help get me started on items for Baby Hoov.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great family and friends who support Greg and I and want to help our transition into parenthood that much easier.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support, it means more than you know!  With getting little clothes and items for our boy it stirred up so many emotions.  I was excited, overwhelmed, anxious, in awe, and sometimes sad.  Again, I blame it all on those stinkin hormones!  When you're pregnant you really are a rollercoaster ride...lol.  I was excited because I can't wait to meet my son (that still seems so weird to say!)  I was overwhelmed because I kept thinking what if I do not know what to do?  I was anxious because I felt like time was running out and I still had so much to do to get ready.  I was in awe because I still cannot believe that God has given us such a precious little gift and what an amazing process growing a baby is!  And I was sometimes sad because of the fear of the unknown.  It will never be just Greg and I again, and I know this is ok and it will be good, but just not knowing how different life will be makes me nervous and sad to miss our alone time together :-)  But through all the emotions God has placed a wonderful husband in my life who reassures me that things are going to be wonderful, and family and friends to give me encouragement and advice.  I can say that as each day passes I am feeling more and more at ease about the arrival of Baby Hoov and calm about being a mother.

Some other things that have helped me prepare for this little guy is taking a birth class at the hospital.  Now, in the beginning I didnt know if this was more helpful or hurtful because after the first one I was freaking out!  Watching those videos are terrifying and nobody should have to see so many nasty vaginas in one sitting!  lol.  I got nauseous after the first video and almost had to walk out of the room, lol...but I told myself to hold it together and I did!  And although at times I felt the instructor gave us way too much information and was a little strange, looking back on the class it was very educational and at least now I will know a little more about what is happening to my body.  And Greg knows what to expect from me as well.  It was a great experience for the both of us, but I must say I am glad it is over!  And now I have a little certificate of completion to add to Baby Hoov's scrapbook..lol.

The last thing that has been awesome this past week is I am finally off on maternity leave!  I cannot tell you how wonderful this has been!  Since I wake up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom, move my legs, or stare at the ceiling, I never really feel fully rested.  However, now if I need to, I get the option of sleeping in a little more!  I can totally tell a difference in the way my body is responding to this rest.  My legs dont look like I have elephantitis as  much at the end of the day, and my vagina doesnt feel like somebody punched me there all day long.  It's glorious!  I have also had a chance to get caught up on things around the house, finish Baby Hoov's room, and wash all his clothes/organize them.  I thinking this is what they call nesting :-)  Thank goodness for maternity leave!

Well, I only have 17 days to go as of this point, and Im telling you I plan on enjoying every minute of it no matter how miserable my back may feel or huge I get!  (I say this now cause I am feeling in a good mood...dont ask me when I am not!)  I am looking forward to the coming holidays to spend it with family and as I celebrate the birth of Jesus, I am looking forward to celebrating the birth of Baby Hoov!! 

Here is a picture of me and Baby Hoov at 37 weeks :-)


Im starting to get the pregnancy dark spots on my cheeks and nose. 
They look like little freckles and you can kind of see them in this picture. 
I kinda like them because its a sign of motherhood!


2 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and I am so happy you are enjoying these last few days/weeks!! Baby Hoov is so blessed to already have you and Greg in his life - I know the transition will be weird, but it will be good altogether! =)

    Take some last dates with Greg and be sure to journal when you have some free time! So excited for you -- can't wait to meet Baby Hoov!

    P.S. - Our friends Jose and Annemarie had their baby at 5:23 this morning -- due date was the 18th!! Anthony Manuel....so precious!

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha your blog is a great mix of being funny and touching at the same time. Congrats! You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete